Nice Air Cleaning & Filtration Services
It’s important to have clean air in your home to keep your family healthy. Call Nice Heating & Air for air filtration system installation in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
One of the most important issues that affects your home every day is the quality of the indoor air. Residential homes are tightly sealed against the outdoors for reasons of energy efficiency and climate control, and this often leads to stuffy, stale air that may recirculate contaminants throughout the ductwork. The air inside your home may actually be more polluted than the outdoor air with stuff you can’t see like viruses, bacteria, mold, dust, and chemicals!
It is our pleasure to help you breathe easier. We invite you to call Nice Heating & Air at 703-884-2376 to discuss the air purification products we recommend for your family that will keep the air within your home nice and clean.
Types of Air Quality Products
Nice Heating & Air offers a number of options and products to improve the quality of the air inside your home:
- Air Filtration Systems: One of the best ways of cleaning your indoor air is with a home air filtration system. These are whole-house devices that integrate directly into your ductwork to filter out a wide range of harmful particles and contaminants. Nice Heating & Air installs and services these products.
- Air Purifiers: An air purifier is a type of air filtration system that uses an electrostatic process instead of a filtering medium such as fiberglass. Nice Heating & Air installs and services air purifiers and we’ll make sure that yours works just as promised.
- Humidification Systems: One of the most distinctive traits about your home's indoor air quality is the humidity level. You have likely used a portable humidifier or dehumidifier in your home at some point or another. A whole-house humidifier or dehumidifier works with your current system and is highly effective and efficient.
- UV Air Purifiers: A UV air purifier uses ultraviolet light to destroy biological contaminants such as mildew, mold spores, and bacteria as they pass throughout your ductwork. We install and service UV air purifiers to work with your current system to keep you safe and breathing cleaner air.
Are there specific issues in your home that are taking your breath away? Call Nice Heating & Air at 703-884-2376 to speak with our teams about the solutions we offer that can help you breathe easier throughout the year.
Benefits of Installing an Air Cleaner in Your Home
There are many benefits of installing an air cleaner in your home, for both the health of you and your house:
- Reduced allergens – This can improve the health of everyone in the home who suffers from allergies.
- Improved overall air quality – Removing allergens, germs, and humidity from the home can benefit those with asthma.
- Lower humidity – Removing moisture from the air can make the house more comfortable.
- Cleaner smell – Air cleaners can remove odors from the home.
- Cigarette smoke dispersion – If there is a smoker in the household, air cleaners can help disperse the cigarette smoke from the home.
- Depletion of airborne bacteria and germs – Air cleaners can remove bacteria and germs from the air that can result in colds and flu.
Types of Air Purifiers
When you decide to install an air cleaning system in your home you have many options. Some of the most common systems are:
- Whole-house systems: These systems provide consistent air quality control throughout your entire home.
- Portable air purifiers: These systems are less expensive than whole-house units, but they are also less powerful.
- Ozone generators: These systems clean the air in your home while producing oxidation properties that will safely and effectively control indoor air pollutants.
Don’t delay when your heating system malfunctions. Learn about our 24-hour emergency repair services.
Are you wondering which air purifier is best for your Virginia home? Contact Nice Heating & Air at 703-884-2376, and we'll give you the nice and easy answers you need to make the best choice for your comfort.
What Kinds of Filters Are Used in Air Cleaning Systems?
One of the key components of your air cleaning system is the filter. The right kind of filter can help improve the air quality in your home. There are many types of filters you can choose for your system:
- Ionic: Ionic filters generate negative ions that capture positive ions, such as dust and allergen particles. These cost-effective filters work best for smoke reduction.
- HEPA: HEPA filters were originally developed to remove radioactive dust particles from the air. Now, these are used to reduce contaminants from the air, such as mold, dust-mite debris, pet dander, bacteria, and pollen.
- UV: Ultraviolet light air filters destroy microorganisms. These filters perform best when preventing illness and disease.
- Carbon: Carbon is the most absorbent filter. It reduces odors and fumes without releasing any contaminants back into the air.
Improve your home’s air quality with air cleaners and filtration system services. Call Nice Heating & Air at 703-884-2376 for installation services in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
Air Cleaning & Filtration FAQs
What Are the Best Air Purifiers for Allergies & Asthma?
If you have allergies or asthma, the proper air purifier can help you enjoy better health. Air purifiers that use HEPA filtration are ideal for reducing asthma symptoms and allergies—these filter out particles up to .3 microns, which encompasses nearly 100% of all allergens.
What Factors Decrease Indoor Air Quality?
Pets in the home, children, frequent visitors, living in the middle of the city, and even living out in the countryside on a farm can decrease the air quality within your home. Other factors can include the use of household cleaning products, smoking, cooking, poor ventilation, and the installation of pressed-wood cabinets and furniture.
What Does CADR Stand For?
CADR is an abbreviation that stands for Clean Air Delivery Rate. This is the rate that identifies the total volume of filtered air the air purifier can deliver. The higher the CADR, the faster the air purifier will clean the air within your home.
Do UV Lights Kill Bacteria and Viruses?
UV lights will kill or neutralize most airborne bacteria and viruses. However, some stubborn strains of bacteria and viruses can survive direct exposure to UV light. For this reason, UV lights coupled with HEPA filters are the best choice for ensuring a nice and healthy home.
Do You Need to Run an Air Purifier Continuously?
For best results, you will want to operate your air purifier 24/7. This will ensure that the pollution within your home doesn't build up. However, you can turn it down so that it's nice and slow when you are away at work or out of town on vacation.
Are Air Purifiers Loud?
Most air purifiers are nice and silent. You will barely notice their gentle hum as they clean the air within your home. Some are louder than others, and some will sound louder when scrubbing significant amounts of pollution from the airflow. However, almost all air purifiers are quieter than the sound of the air coming through your air registers.
Do you have more questions about air purifiers in Virginia? Contact Nice Heating & Air at 703-884-2376. Our nice and friendly staff will be happy to give you the answers you need to make the right choice for your comfort.
We Offer 24/7
the Surrounding Areas
Maintenance Plan! It’s the NICEST way to gain comfort.
Customers With a NICE Experience
Customers With a NICE Experience
“Service was outstanding from the time of arrival which you could track arrival time live on a website link they send you so you know when they will arrive. Technical knowledge was very high, quick and efficient Kyle and his partner both handled the install of a Sensi Predict as if it was a walk in the park. I highly recommend Kyle from Nice Heating & Air for all HVAC issues and for new installs, him and his team are an amazing company and will think of them first if any issues arise in the future for sure....”
“Professional and polite. Excellent communication throughout the maintenance visit. Definitely recommend.”
“Rolando Medrano was very professional and followed the CDC protocol of 6 feet social distance and had a mask and put disposable shoe covers before entering the house. He made sure to address all of our issues and provided answers for all our questions. He came on time and called before he came to update on timing and his status! He was a great help!”
“Highly recommend Nice Home Services for your HVAC needs. Have been member of their annual maintenance plan for three years now and been extremely pleased with their approach to business. They are professional, knowledgeable, and relatable. The service specialists take their time to fully diagnose the issue and explain the situation in a way that is easy to understand. Never had an instance where they try to push product and instead look for ways to recommend how to save you money. Need anything done on your home's HVAC, call the folks at Nice Home Services and know you're making the right choice.”
“Love , Love the NICE Heating & Air company for their kind & trustworthy technicians, their unbeatable price & overall knowledge they’ve amazed me every time with their fabulous job on my house, I’ll recommend them without hesitations, try this company you won’t regret for sure.”
“Dionte and his helper (Josh) did a superb job with the installation. The result is both functional and as cosmetically pleasing as the ideal water heater installation can be. They were VERY careful moving the old one out and the new one in so as to assure no damage was initiated neither to the heater nor to our dwelling. He explained his intended design prior to execution and executed it flawlessly. This was followed by a comprehensive explanation of the functional options available through the control panel and Ipad app. Cleanup at conclusion of the install was appropriate and comprehensive. This team represented both Nice Heating and Rheem VERY positively!”
“I had the pleasure of meeting another NICE Heating and Air Service Technician today, Mr. Jeremy Castellon. Jeremy, thank you again for addressing my questions and concerns regarding my gas fireplace. I appreciate your patience and knowledgeability about gas fireplaces. Jeremy was very professional and competent.”
“The technician was very professional and took his time to explain the issue and how he will about to fix it. He also offered means to save by signing on their maintenance program. He was polite, careful to keep the carpet clean. I will recommend this company to friends and family.”
“Loves me some NICE Home Services! I’ve been part of their maintenance plan for almost 9 years now & they're great. Reliable, professional, & friendly; they take care of all my HVAC & gas fireplace needs m, including a spring & fall tuneup. Highly recommend!”
“I purchased my HVAC unit a year ago along with a Cozy Club maintenance plan. It's been running great and the customer service team is always quick to respond to questions. Today Rolando M. came by for the maintenance check and, as usual, he was neat, professional and maintained the COVID rules. He was also very nice, living up to the company name. I'm very happy with my experience with Nice.”
“I can't speak highly enough of this company. I requested an appointment, and it was scheduled for the next day. The technician was polite, honest, and a pure delight to work with. He didn't try to overcharge or tell me to replace something I didn't need to. He made service recommendations that were in line with industry standard prices so I could make an informed decision as he went about his service visit. Would recommend and will be using them again in the future. ”
“My technician arrived promptly at our appointed hour. He repaired a dirty and non-working gas fireplace. In addition, he found a small gas leak on our furnace line. Overall, exceptional service and quality work. I highly recommend their HVAC service.”
“Very impressive company! Nice responded to my call for a heating issue on very short notice. My tech, was right on time, extremely polite, and very hardworking. Customer service and satisfaction are clearly a priority.”
“They treat customers like a valuable asset, not like a number. Business the old-fashioned way, that will never go out of style.”
“Superb customer service. Before a service appointment, you receive a text message notification with photo of the tech that will be at your residence followed by a phone call. During a service appointment you'll updated and educated. If there is a concern, management will contact you promptly and follow up until issue resolved. Awesome and attentive team!!”