The Importance of Indoor Air Quality in Alexandria & Springfield
It’s important to have clean air in your home to keep your family healthy. Call Nice Heating & Air for air filtration system installation in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
One of the most important issues that affects your home every day is the quality of the indoor air. Residential homes are tightly sealed against the outdoors for reasons of energy efficiency and climate control and this often leads to stuffy, stale air that may recirculate contaminants throughout the ductwork. The air inside your home may actually be more polluted than the outdoor air with stuff you can’t see like viruses, bacteria, mold, dust, and chemicals!
Types of Air Quality Products
Nice Heating & Air offers a number of options and products to improve the quality of the air inside your home:
- Air Filtration Systems - One of the best ways of cleaning your indoor air is with a home air filtration system. These are whole-house devices that integrate directly into your ductwork to filter out a wide range of harmful particles and contaminants. Nice Heating & Air installs and services these products.
- Air Purifiers - An air purifier is a type of air filtration system that uses an electrostatic process instead of a filtering medium such as fiberglass. Nice Heating & Air installs and services air purifiers and we’ll make sure that yours works just as promised.
- Humidification Systems - One of the most distinctive traits about your home's indoor air quality is the humidity level. You have likely used a portable humidifier or dehumidifier in your home at some point or another. A whole-house humidifier or dehumidifier works with your current system and is highly effective and efficient.
- UV Air Purifiers - A UV air purifier uses ultraviolet light to destroy biological contaminants such as mildew, mold spores, and bacteria as they pass throughout your ductwork. We install and service UV air purifiers to work with your current system to keep you safe and breathing cleaner air.
Benefits of Installing an Air Cleaner in Your Home
There are many benefits of installing an air cleaner in your home, for both the health of you and your house:
- Reduced allergens – This can improve the health of everyone in the home who suffers from allergies.
- Improved overall air quality – Removing allergens, germs and humidity from the home can benefit those with asthma.
- Lower humidity – Removing moisture from the air can make the house more comfortable.
- Cleaner smell – Air cleaners can remove odors from the home.
- Cigarette smoke dispersion – If there is a smoker in the household, air cleaners can help disperse the cigarette smoke from the home.
- Depletion of airborne bacteria and germs – Air cleaners can remove bacteria and germs from the air that can result in colds and flu.
Types of Air Purifiers
When you decide to install an air cleaning system in your home you have many options. Some of the most common systems are:
- Whole-house systems: These systems provide consistent air quality control throughout your entire home.
- Portable air purifiers: These systems are less expensive than whole-house units, but they are also less powerful.
- Ozone generators: These systems clean the air in your home while producing oxidation properties that will safely and effectively control indoor air pollutants.
Don’t delay when your heating system malfunctions. Learn about our 24-hour emergency repair services.
What Kinds of Filters Are Used in Air Cleaning Systems?
One of the key components of your air cleaning system is the filter. The right kind of filter can help improve the air quality in your home. There are many types of filters you can choose for your system:
- Ionic: Ionic filters generate negative ions that capture positive ions, such as dust and allergen particles. These cost-effective filters work best for smoke reduction.
- HEPA: HEPA filters were originally developed to remove radioactive dust particles from the air. Now, these are used to reduce contaminants from the air, such as mold, dust-mite debris, pet dander, bacteria, and pollen.
- UV: Ultraviolet light air filters destroy microorganisms. These filters perform best when preventing illness and disease.
- Carbon: Carbon is the most absorbent filter. It reduces odors and fumes without releasing any contaminants back into the air.
Improve your home’s air quality with air cleaners and filtration system services. Call Nice Heating & Air at (703) 884-2376 for installation services in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
We Offer 24/7
the Surrounding Areas
Maintenance Plan! It’s the NICEST way to gain comfort.
Customers With a NICE Experience
Customers With a NICE Experience
“I purchased my HVAC unit a year ago along with a Cozy Club maintenance plan. It's been running great and the customer service team is always quick to respond to questions. Today Rolando M. came by for the maintenance check and, as usual, he was neat, professional and maintained the COVID rules. He was also very nice, living up to the company name. I'm very happy with my experience with Nice.”
“I can't speak highly enough of this company. I requested an appointment, and it was scheduled for the next day. The technician was polite, honest, and a pure delight to work with. He didn't try to overcharge or tell me to replace something I didn't need to. He made service recommendations that were in line with industry standard prices so I could make an informed decision as he went about his service visit. Would recommend and will be using them again in the future. ”
“My technician arrived promptly at our appointed hour. He repaired a dirty and non-working gas fireplace. In addition, he found a small gas leak on our furnace line. Overall, exceptional service and quality work. I highly recommend their HVAC service.”
“Very impressive company! Nice responded to my call for a heating issue on very short notice. My tech, was right on time, extremely polite, and very hardworking. Customer service and satisfaction are clearly a priority.”
“They treat customers like a valuable asset, not like a number. Business the old-fashioned way, that will never go out of style.”
“Superb customer service. Before a service appointment, you receive a text message notification with photo of the tech that will be at your residence followed by a phone call. During a service appointment you'll updated and educated. If there is a concern, management will contact you promptly and follow up until issue resolved. Awesome and attentive team!!”