Evaporator Coil Services in Alexandria and Springfield
When you need your air conditioner’s evaporator coil cleaned, repaired or replaced, call Nice Heating & Air for service in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
When the summer heat hits, you don’t want to be surprised by a malfunctioning air conditioning evaporator coil. Instead, call a professional to inspect your evaporator coil at the first signs of trouble. Call Nice Heating & Air for AC evaporator coil cleaning, repair and replacement services in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
If you’re looking for an alternative to a traditional air conditioning unit, learn more about ductless mini-split AC systems.
Benefits of Timely Evaporator Coil Services
It’s not always possible, but catching an issue with your evaporator coil before it turns into a larger issue can have many advantages. Some of the benefits include:
- Savings: Detecting an issue with your evaporator coil early can be the difference between repair and replacement. The most cost-effective option is to repair the evaporator coil while it’s still under warranty and before the issue becomes too severe. If the repair cost is estimated to be too expensive, it can be more cost-effective to replace the coil. =
- Comfort: To ensure your home remains comfortable — without any interruptions — you should replace or repair your AC evaporator coils regularly.
- Energy reduction: Keeping the evaporator coil functioning properly can ensure your air conditioner is running efficiently, which can help lower your utility bills and make your AC system more eco-friendly.
Common Problems Associated with Evaporator Coils
There are certain issues that can be associated with evaporator coils. Some of the problems might include:
- Refrigerant leaks: If you have a refrigerant leak, you need a trained professional to repair the issue. The AC expert will test the leak after repairing, and charge with the recommended amount of coolant based on manufacturer suggestions.
- Unpleasant odors: Bacteria and mold on the fins of the evaporator can cause a foul smell throughout your home when air is circulating. This occurs because when air is cooled, it attracts water vapor and the vapor condenses and drips onto the coil. Usually, evaporation removes the moisture before any harm has been caused. However, if the moisture remains too long, foul-smelling bacteria and mold will form
- Frozen coils: Evaporator coils hover around 32° F, which is the point at which water freezes. Water that remains on the coils for too long will freeze, and the blades will begin to coat with ice. Frost can cause serious performance problems in the air conditioning unit.
Don’t wait until it’s too late to have your air handler repaired. Schedule an appointment with our experts!
Easy Maintenance Steps to Prevent AC Evaporator Coil Issues
To keep your air conditioner coil functioning well, you should perform regular maintenance. Some tasks you can do are:
- Keep the coils clean and dry.
- Remove debris that comes in contact with the unit.
- Have the air conditioning unit serviced at least once a year prior to the summer months.
- Check for clogs or leaks in your air ducts.
- Change or clean your air filters regularly. Dirty and clogged filters reduce efficiency, increase operating costs, and can spread indoor pollutants around your property.
When you need your AC evaporator coil cleaned, repaired or replaced, call Nice Heating & Air at 703-634-5404 to schedule an appointment in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.