Evaporator Coil Services in Alexandria and Springfield
When you need your air conditioner’s evaporator coil cleaned, repaired or replaced, call Nice Heating & Air for service in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
When the summer heat hits, you don’t want to be surprised by a malfunctioning air conditioning evaporator coil. Instead, call a professional to inspect your evaporator coil at the first signs of trouble. Call Nice Heating & Air for AC evaporator coil cleaning, repair and replacement services in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
If you’re looking for an alternative to a traditional air conditioning unit, learn more about ductless mini-split AC systems.
Benefits of Timely Evaporator Coil Services
It’s not always possible, but catching an issue with your evaporator coil before it turns into a larger issue can have many advantages. Some of the benefits include:
- Savings: Detecting an issue with your evaporator coil early can be the difference between repair and replacement. The most cost-effective option is to repair the evaporator coil while it’s still under warranty and before the issue becomes too severe. If the repair cost is estimated to be too expensive, it can be more cost-effective to replace the coil. =
- Comfort: To ensure your home remains comfortable — without any interruptions — you should replace or repair your AC evaporator coils regularly.
- Energy reduction: Keeping the evaporator coil functioning properly can ensure your air conditioner is running efficiently, which can help lower your utility bills and make your AC system more eco-friendly.
Common Problems Associated with Evaporator Coils
There are certain issues that can be associated with evaporator coils. Some of the problems might include:
- Refrigerant leaks: If you have a refrigerant leak, you need a trained professional to repair the issue. The AC expert will test the leak after repairing, and charge with the recommended amount of coolant based on manufacturer suggestions.
- Unpleasant odors: Bacteria and mold on the fins of the evaporator can cause a foul smell throughout your home when air is circulating. This occurs because when air is cooled, it attracts water vapor and the vapor condenses and drips onto the coil. Usually, evaporation removes the moisture before any harm has been caused. However, if the moisture remains too long, foul-smelling bacteria and mold will form
- Frozen coils: Evaporator coils hover around 32° F, which is the point at which water freezes. Water that remains on the coils for too long will freeze, and the blades will begin to coat with ice. Frost can cause serious performance problems in the air conditioning unit.
Don’t wait until it’s too late to have your air handler repaired. Schedule an appointment with our experts!
Easy Maintenance Steps to Prevent AC Evaporator Coil Issues
To keep your air conditioner coil functioning well, you should perform regular maintenance. Some tasks you can do are:
- Keep the coils clean and dry.
- Remove debris that comes in contact with the unit.
- Have the air conditioning unit serviced at least once a year prior to the summer months.
- Check for clogs or leaks in your air ducts.
- Change or clean your air filters regularly. Dirty and clogged filters reduce efficiency, increase operating costs, and can spread indoor pollutants around your property.
When you need your AC evaporator coil cleaned, repaired or replaced, call Nice Heating & Air at (703) 884-2376 to schedule an appointment in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
We Offer 24/7
the Surrounding Areas
Maintenance Plan! It’s the NICEST way to gain comfort.
Customers With a NICE Experience
Customers With a NICE Experience
“I purchased my HVAC unit a year ago along with a Cozy Club maintenance plan. It's been running great and the customer service team is always quick to respond to questions. Today Rolando M. came by for the maintenance check and, as usual, he was neat, professional and maintained the COVID rules. He was also very nice, living up to the company name. I'm very happy with my experience with Nice.”
“I can't speak highly enough of this company. I requested an appointment, and it was scheduled for the next day. The technician was polite, honest, and a pure delight to work with. He didn't try to overcharge or tell me to replace something I didn't need to. He made service recommendations that were in line with industry standard prices so I could make an informed decision as he went about his service visit. Would recommend and will be using them again in the future. ”
“My technician arrived promptly at our appointed hour. He repaired a dirty and non-working gas fireplace. In addition, he found a small gas leak on our furnace line. Overall, exceptional service and quality work. I highly recommend their HVAC service.”
“Very impressive company! Nice responded to my call for a heating issue on very short notice. My tech, was right on time, extremely polite, and very hardworking. Customer service and satisfaction are clearly a priority.”
“They treat customers like a valuable asset, not like a number. Business the old-fashioned way, that will never go out of style.”
“Superb customer service. Before a service appointment, you receive a text message notification with photo of the tech that will be at your residence followed by a phone call. During a service appointment you'll updated and educated. If there is a concern, management will contact you promptly and follow up until issue resolved. Awesome and attentive team!!”