Evaporator Coil Services in Alexandria and Springfield
When you need your air conditioner’s evaporator coil cleaned, repaired or replaced, call Nice Heating & Air for service in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
When the summer heat hits, you don’t want to be surprised by a malfunctioning air conditioning evaporator coil. Instead, call a professional to inspect your evaporator coil at the first signs of trouble. Call Nice Heating & Air for AC evaporator coil cleaning, repair and replacement services in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
If you’re looking for an alternative to a traditional air conditioning unit, learn more about ductless mini-split AC systems.
Benefits of Timely Evaporator Coil Services
It’s not always possible, but catching an issue with your evaporator coil before it turns into a larger issue can have many advantages. Some of the benefits include:
- Savings: Detecting an issue with your evaporator coil early can be the difference between repair and replacement. The most cost-effective option is to repair the evaporator coil while it’s still under warranty and before the issue becomes too severe. If the repair cost is estimated to be too expensive, it can be more cost-effective to replace the coil. =
- Comfort: To ensure your home remains comfortable — without any interruptions — you should replace or repair your AC evaporator coils regularly.
- Energy reduction: Keeping the evaporator coil functioning properly can ensure your air conditioner is running efficiently, which can help lower your utility bills and make your AC system more eco-friendly.
Common Problems Associated with Evaporator Coils
There are certain issues that can be associated with evaporator coils. Some of the problems might include:
- Refrigerant leaks: If you have a refrigerant leak, you need a trained professional to repair the issue. The AC expert will test the leak after repairing, and charge with the recommended amount of coolant based on manufacturer suggestions.
- Unpleasant odors: Bacteria and mold on the fins of the evaporator can cause a foul smell throughout your home when air is circulating. This occurs because when air is cooled, it attracts water vapor and the vapor condenses and drips onto the coil. Usually, evaporation removes the moisture before any harm has been caused. However, if the moisture remains too long, foul-smelling bacteria and mold will form
- Frozen coils: Evaporator coils hover around 32° F, which is the point at which water freezes. Water that remains on the coils for too long will freeze, and the blades will begin to coat with ice. Frost can cause serious performance problems in the air conditioning unit.
Don’t wait until it’s too late to have your air handler repaired. Schedule an appointment with our experts!
Easy Maintenance Steps to Prevent AC Evaporator Coil Issues
To keep your air conditioner coil functioning well, you should perform regular maintenance. Some tasks you can do are:
- Keep the coils clean and dry.
- Remove debris that comes in contact with the unit.
- Have the air conditioning unit serviced at least once a year prior to the summer months.
- Check for clogs or leaks in your air ducts.
- Change or clean your air filters regularly. Dirty and clogged filters reduce efficiency, increase operating costs, and can spread indoor pollutants around your property.
When you need your AC evaporator coil cleaned, repaired or replaced, call Nice Heating & Air at (703) 884-2376 to schedule an appointment in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
We Offer 24/7
the Surrounding Areas
Maintenance Plan! It’s the NICEST way to gain comfort.
Customers With a NICE Experience
Customers With a NICE Experience
“Service was outstanding from the time of arrival which you could track arrival time live on a website link they send you so you know when they will arrive. Technical knowledge was very high, quick and efficient Kyle and his partner both handled the install of a Sensi Predict as if it was a walk in the park. I highly recommend Kyle from Nice Heating & Air for all HVAC issues and for new installs, him and his team are an amazing company and will think of them first if any issues arise in the future for sure....”
“Professional and polite. Excellent communication throughout the maintenance visit. Definitely recommend.”
“Rolando Medrano was very professional and followed the CDC protocol of 6 feet social distance and had a mask and put disposable shoe covers before entering the house. He made sure to address all of our issues and provided answers for all our questions. He came on time and called before he came to update on timing and his status! He was a great help!”
“Highly recommend Nice Home Services for your HVAC needs. Have been member of their annual maintenance plan for three years now and been extremely pleased with their approach to business. They are professional, knowledgeable, and relatable. The service specialists take their time to fully diagnose the issue and explain the situation in a way that is easy to understand. Never had an instance where they try to push product and instead look for ways to recommend how to save you money. Need anything done on your home's HVAC, call the folks at Nice Home Services and know you're making the right choice.”
“Love , Love the NICE Heating & Air company for their kind & trustworthy technicians, their unbeatable price & overall knowledge they’ve amazed me every time with their fabulous job on my house, I’ll recommend them without hesitations, try this company you won’t regret for sure.”
“Dionte and his helper (Josh) did a superb job with the installation. The result is both functional and as cosmetically pleasing as the ideal water heater installation can be. They were VERY careful moving the old one out and the new one in so as to assure no damage was initiated neither to the heater nor to our dwelling. He explained his intended design prior to execution and executed it flawlessly. This was followed by a comprehensive explanation of the functional options available through the control panel and Ipad app. Cleanup at conclusion of the install was appropriate and comprehensive. This team represented both Nice Heating and Rheem VERY positively!”
“I had the pleasure of meeting another NICE Heating and Air Service Technician today, Mr. Jeremy Castellon. Jeremy, thank you again for addressing my questions and concerns regarding my gas fireplace. I appreciate your patience and knowledgeability about gas fireplaces. Jeremy was very professional and competent.”
“The technician was very professional and took his time to explain the issue and how he will about to fix it. He also offered means to save by signing on their maintenance program. He was polite, careful to keep the carpet clean. I will recommend this company to friends and family.”
“Loves me some NICE Home Services! I’ve been part of their maintenance plan for almost 9 years now & they're great. Reliable, professional, & friendly; they take care of all my HVAC & gas fireplace needs m, including a spring & fall tuneup. Highly recommend!”
“I purchased my HVAC unit a year ago along with a Cozy Club maintenance plan. It's been running great and the customer service team is always quick to respond to questions. Today Rolando M. came by for the maintenance check and, as usual, he was neat, professional and maintained the COVID rules. He was also very nice, living up to the company name. I'm very happy with my experience with Nice.”
“I can't speak highly enough of this company. I requested an appointment, and it was scheduled for the next day. The technician was polite, honest, and a pure delight to work with. He didn't try to overcharge or tell me to replace something I didn't need to. He made service recommendations that were in line with industry standard prices so I could make an informed decision as he went about his service visit. Would recommend and will be using them again in the future. ”
“My technician arrived promptly at our appointed hour. He repaired a dirty and non-working gas fireplace. In addition, he found a small gas leak on our furnace line. Overall, exceptional service and quality work. I highly recommend their HVAC service.”
“Very impressive company! Nice responded to my call for a heating issue on very short notice. My tech, was right on time, extremely polite, and very hardworking. Customer service and satisfaction are clearly a priority.”
“They treat customers like a valuable asset, not like a number. Business the old-fashioned way, that will never go out of style.”
“Superb customer service. Before a service appointment, you receive a text message notification with photo of the tech that will be at your residence followed by a phone call. During a service appointment you'll updated and educated. If there is a concern, management will contact you promptly and follow up until issue resolved. Awesome and attentive team!!”