To ensure you get the most out of your visit from a Nice Heating & Air specialist, it may help to find out the following information about your unit and your needs. If you are not sure about some of these questions, your Comfort Solutions Specialist can help!
What is the efficiency of my current system?
The SEER and AFUE ratings are located on a sticker on the outside of your air conditioner, air handler, furnace or heat pump. You can get a general idea of looking at your current equipment even though a lot of different factors determine your system’s efficiency.
How is your indoor air quality?
Do you or anyone in your family suffer from allergies or asthma? Are there small children, elderly family members or pets in the home? Is your home too dry or too humid? If you answered yes to any of these questions, indoor air quality is an important topic to discuss with your Comfort Solutions Specialist.
Do you have any uneven temperatures in your home?
A variable speed system or zoning solution will be able to improve the airflow throughout your home to prevent some rooms from being too hot and others too cold. Our Comfort Solutions Specialist may find that your ductwork is no longer properly sized.
What are the top three things you want your HVAC system to do?
Here are some features to choose from:
- Make your home more comfortable
- Reduce your energy bills and carbon footprint
- Home automation or smart home technology
- Control heating and cooling to specific rooms in your home
- Qualify for energy efficiency, tax, and local rebates
- Have an ENERGY STAR® qualification
- Decrease dust, pollen, mold or other asthma/allergy agitators
Additional questions you can ask your Comfort Solutions Specialist:
To get the system that’s perfect for you, be sure to bring up these questions during your consultation.
- Should I be concerned about high-efficiency equipment or comfort features like variable speed?
- If I want maximum comfort over efficiency, what options do I have?
- Will you perform a load calculation?
- What are the advantages of replacing equipment over of repairing it?
- What are the advantages and costs associated with replacing the entire HVAC system, not just the broken furnace or air conditioner?
- What regional or state utility rebates could I qualify for?
- What financing or monthly payment plans can I qualify for?
- Are service or maintenance plans included?
Remember to take advantage of the expert in your home during your visit. We are here to help and we want to make sure that we are addressing all of your concerns. A lot goes into creating the perfect solution that will keep your family comfortable and happy!