Nice Gas Log Fireplace Services
Serving Northern Virginia & the DMV Area
Gas log fireplaces are a cozy way to add comfort and beauty to your home when colder temperatures arrive. When you need maintenance, repairs or installation choose Nice Heating & Air. We provide professional gas fireplace services in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
Here are a few things to know about gas log fireplace installations:
- You do not need a chimney to have a gas log fireplace installed.
- During the installation, our installation professionals will install gas lines and hookups, secure the intakes, and add the burner.
- When the main system is in place and hooked up, our team will carefully place the logs in an aesthetically pleasing way. After the logs are set, we will then add sand and rocks to evenly distribute heat.
- For a more natural, authentic look, ask our professionals to add glowing embers.
- It is possible to convert your traditional fireplace into a gas log system. To do this, our installation professionals can make sure your existing unit is rated for use with vented logs.
Signs You Need a New Gas Fireplace
Here are some signs it may be time to replace your gas fireplace:
- Frequent pilot light issues
- A rotten egg smell coming from your gas fireplace
- Excessive soot buildup
- Frequents shuts off unexpectedly
- Costly or frequent repairs
Contact our installation professionals to discuss replacement options!
It’s important to keep your gas log fireplace running efficiently with annual maintenance. During our maintenance checks, we will:
- Inspect the gas log fireplace for gas leaks and potential fire hazards
- Gently wipe down the gas logs to remove dust, dirt, and residue
- Clean the wire connections
- Clean the glass door
- Inspect the gasket to look for cracks or missing pieces
- Check your unit’s outside vent for debris and remove any buildup
If we find issues and repairs are needed, we can do that too.
Common Gas Fireplace Issues
Here is a list of the most common gas log fireplace issues:
- Lack of maintenance, cleaning, and inspections
- Dead batteries
- Gas leaks
- Air in the gas line
- Carbon monoxide
Keep your home nice and cozy all winter. Call us at (703) 884-2376 today!
Considering installing a gas log fireplace in your Springfield-area home? Here are some of the benefits of choosing a gas fireplace over a traditional wood fireplace:
- Realistic looking – Modern gas log fireplaces can look incredibly realistic and aesthetically pleasing.
- Cost effective – Natural gas is a relatively inexpensive form of energy.
- Eco-friendly – Gas logs produce fewer emissions because they burn natural gas or propane.
- Safer than burning wood – Wood-burning fireplaces come with a lot of safety risks, unlike gas fireplaces.
- Fast and easy to use – Gas logs are incredibly simple and can be lit with just the touch of a button or lighting a match.
Do I need a chimney for my gas log fireplace?
No, you don’t. This only directly applies to an unvented gas log system, not to a vented gas log system. Vented gas systems still require some sort of vent, but it does not need to be a chimney.
Are gas fireplaces safe for pets? What about the fumes and fire hazards?
All gas fireplace systems, vented and unvented, are completely safe for pets. Absolutely no fumes, particles, or other air pollutants are released into the home.
Are gas fireplaces environmentally friendly?
One of the major advantages of a gas fireplace system is its energy efficiency. Wood-burning fireplaces need a large amount of fuel (wood) to produce only a moderate amount of radiant heat. They also produce sooty carbon byproducts that are bad for the environment.
Gas fireplace systems are very energy-efficient. All of the fuel they burn is directly converted into heat and light. Gas log fireplaces only require a small amount of fuel to produce a large amount of radiant heat.
We Offer 24/7
the Surrounding Areas
Maintenance Plan! It’s the NICEST way to gain comfort.
Customers With a NICE Experience
Customers With a NICE Experience
“I purchased my HVAC unit a year ago along with a Cozy Club maintenance plan. It's been running great and the customer service team is always quick to respond to questions. Today Rolando M. came by for the maintenance check and, as usual, he was neat, professional and maintained the COVID rules. He was also very nice, living up to the company name. I'm very happy with my experience with Nice.”
“I can't speak highly enough of this company. I requested an appointment, and it was scheduled for the next day. The technician was polite, honest, and a pure delight to work with. He didn't try to overcharge or tell me to replace something I didn't need to. He made service recommendations that were in line with industry standard prices so I could make an informed decision as he went about his service visit. Would recommend and will be using them again in the future. ”
“My technician arrived promptly at our appointed hour. He repaired a dirty and non-working gas fireplace. In addition, he found a small gas leak on our furnace line. Overall, exceptional service and quality work. I highly recommend their HVAC service.”
“Very impressive company! Nice responded to my call for a heating issue on very short notice. My tech, was right on time, extremely polite, and very hardworking. Customer service and satisfaction are clearly a priority.”
“They treat customers like a valuable asset, not like a number. Business the old-fashioned way, that will never go out of style.”
“Superb customer service. Before a service appointment, you receive a text message notification with photo of the tech that will be at your residence followed by a phone call. During a service appointment you'll updated and educated. If there is a concern, management will contact you promptly and follow up until issue resolved. Awesome and attentive team!!”