Tankless Water Heater Services in Alexandria and Springfield
Looking for an alternative to a traditional hot water heater? Call Nice Heating & Air and learn about our tankless options!
Did you know there’s an energy-efficient way to have hot water in your home? Tankless water heaters allow you to save space, save money on utility bills, and prevent you from running out of hot water while waiting for a tank to refill. For all of your tankless water heater services — from repairs to installations — call Nice Heating & Air for service in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters
When selecting a new water-heating system for your home, it can be difficult to choose between a tankless unit and a traditional hot water heater. There are many advantages to installing a tankless water heater, including:
- Save space: Tankless water heaters take up less space than traditional water heaters because they do not have a storage tank.
- Don’t wait for hot water: Because tankless water heaters heat water on-demand, there is no risk of running out of hot water.
- More energy-efficient: Tankless water heaters use less energy than traditional water heaters because they only heat water on-demand and don’t heat — and re-heat — a full tank of water.
- Increased safety: Tankless water units can be safer than traditional units because they only operate when needed and don’t run continuously, like traditional units. This can diminish the strength of the core elements of the unit and the storage tank. Most tankless water heaters also utilize a number of safety features that will turn the unit off if a pressure or flow problem occurs.
- Longer life expectancy: Tankless water heaters can last as long as 20 years or more, which can almost double the life expectancy of a traditional unit.
What is the Life Expectancy of a Tankless Water Heater?
There is no absolute guarantee to predict how long an appliance will last. Every make and model is different, but it is estimated that tankless water heaters can last 10 to 20 years, or more. This lifespan can vary based on how much the system is used, how well it is maintained and how often it is serviced.
Not sure a tankless water heater is right for you? We also offer storage tank water heater services.
Common Concerns With Tankless Water Heaters
There are large differences between tankless water heaters and traditional units. When deciding to install a tankless water heater, there can be common concerns. Some of these can include:
- Higher upfront cost: The initial cost of the system can be more expensive, but the energy savings you receive can help outweigh the price of your system.
- More installation needs: When installing the system, extensive piping, proper venting and electrical expertise are necessary for proper installation.
- Needs regular maintenance: Corrosion and mineral buildup may occur if the unit is not flushed every six months.
- Product overload: A problem called product overload can occur if the heater was improperly sized or is subjected to heavy use.
Does your tankless water heater need repairs, or to be replaced? Call Nice Heating & Air at (703) 436-8133 to schedule an appointment in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.