Water Heater Services in Alexandria and Springfield
At Nice Heating & Air, we have your water heater services covered. Whether you need routine maintenance, repairs or a replacement, we can help. Call us to book an appointment in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
When your hot water tank goes out, it can cause major inconveniences for your entire family. Who wants to shower or wash dishes with cold water? That’s why it’s important to have your water heater repaired as soon as possible. Whether you need routine maintenance performed, an issue repaired, or need your hot water heater replaced, Nice Heating & Air can help. Call us for service in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
Common Water Heater Issues
Like all appliances, occasionally your water heater will need to be serviced. Some common issues that can signal you need professional services include:
- Lack of hot water: One of the most common — and most obvious — issues with a water heater is a lack of hot water. For gas-powered water heaters, this can be due to an extinguished pilot light. A professional can inspect it to determine if the light needs to be relit or if the heating element is severely damaged and needs to be replaced.
- Leaking: If your hot water heater is leaking, a professional can determine the severity of the leak, if the leak can be repaired, or if the unit should be replaced.
- Excess noise: If you hear loud or unusual noises coming from your unit it can be a sign of a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment inside the unit that needs to be professionally removed.
- Cracks: Any cracks in your hot water heater should be inspected by a professional. The experts can determine if and how the crack can be repaired, or if the unit needs to be replaced.
What’s the Lifespan of a Water Heater?
When it comes to appliances, there is no guarantee of how long they will last. Water heaters are no exception. Every make and model is different, but electric water heaters will last an estimated 10 to 20 years if they receive proper upkeep and maintenance. Gas-powered water heaters will expire sooner.
Looking for an alternative to a tanked unit? Learn more about tankless water heaters.
What to Expect During a Tune-up
Scheduling professional maintenance on your water heater can have many advantages. When a professional repairman services your water heater, you can expect him or her to perform the following tasks:
- Inspect the inside and outside of the water heater for cracks or signs of aging that could result in more extreme problems at a later time.
- Check the hoses for cracks.
- Inspect and change your filters.
- Ensure the water heater is functioning properly and running efficiently.
Don’t settle for cold or lukewarm water in your home. When your hot water heater malfunctions, have it repaired or replaced by a local company you can trust. Call Nice Heating & Air at (703) 436-8133 for service in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.